- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon clementine juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄3cup clementine juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Happy New Years Eve! I just adapted a traditional Pound cake recipe. I didn’t have lemons so I improvised with the cheap Clementines that I bought at Lotte Mart. I am going to a friends tonight and want to bring something that will knock their socks off.
- Mix together in my Kitchen Aid Mixer 1 cup sugar and melted butter.
- Add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon extract and clementine juice; mix well.
- Add salt, flour, and baking powder to mixture.
- Add milk.
- Bake at 325°F in a well greased loaf pan for 1 hour,or until golden brown.
- Whisk together 1/3 cup clementine juice and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Poke toothpick into the top of the pound cake and drizzle clementine juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven. I put it outside to chill for 10 minutes.