Each Breakfast flatbread contains approximately 1/2 cup of red lentils, which will provide you with a lot of protein, iron, copper, manganese and folate.
- 2 cups dry red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 oz Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced Vine Ripe Tomato
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 cup sliced oyster mushrooms
- 4 tbs butter
- Crack the eggs into a glass bowl and beat them until they turn a pale yellow color. (Set aside).
- Slice Tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend all garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and lentils are thoroughly broken down. In a mixer add lentil mix and stir in water until consistent.
- Place bacon in the pan set over low-med heat.When the bacon begins to curl, carefully loosen and turn each strip to cook the other side. Turn as often as needed for even browning. Set bacon aside on paper towel.
- Lightly saute mushrooms and onions for 4 minutes and add 3 tbs of butter. Add salt. 1/2 tsp. Set aside.
- Pour about 1 cup of batter into the frying pan and spread out with the spatula.
- Fry for about 2 minutes or until top is cooked through.
- Flip and cook for a further about 2 minutes.
- Add oil as need to pan. Repeat with remaining batter set each cookie sheet.
- In a new heavy-bottomed nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the 1 tbs of butter to the pan. Don’t allow the butter to brown or it will discolour the eggs.
- Add the milk to the eggs and season to taste with salt and white pepper. Then, grab your whisk away.
- Pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring, for 20 seconds. Stir with a spatula, lifting and folding it over from the bottom of the pan. Let it sit for another 10 seconds then stir and fold again.
- Top patties with eggs about 1/2 cup of eggs to cover the top of the patty. Place two slices tomatoes, next mushrooms, and onions. Place crumbled bacon and feta cheese on the very top. Bake for around 10 minutes.